I’ve tried quite a few gluten free bread recipes online and often find the gluten free breads to be either too heavy, dry or crumbly. This recipe was a nice surprise. I did modify it a bit making it easier and healthier. I hope you you enjoy it! I like to add coco and instant coffee for added flavor.
It should resemble cake batter once fully mixed.
Pour into greased 8″ pans and leave to rise.
You can sprinkle on seeds before baking. The texture is surprisingly good..especially toasted. Enjoy!
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 2 cups tapioca flour
- 1 TBLS guar gum
- 1 TBLS ground flax seed
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ powdered milk
- 2¼ tsp yeast
- 3 eggs
- 1 TBLS coco(optional for darker color)
- 1 tsp instant coffee(optional for taste)
- ¼ olive oil or butter
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 cups warm water
- Grease 8 inch bread pans with coconut oil
- Mix dry ingredients together
- Mix eggs, oil,vinegar and honey with blender for about 30 seconds
- Mix half dry ingredients to wet mixture about 30 seconds.
- Add remaining dry ingredients until blended.
- Slowly add warm water and turn mixer on high speed and beat for 4 minutes
- Bread dough will resemble cake batter
- Spoon dough into prepared pans. Set aside in a warm place to rise about 50-60 minutes
- Preheat oven ot 375 degrees
- Once almost doubled in size, place pans in preheated oven on middle rack and bake for 50-60 minutes or until breads internal temp reaches 200 degrees.
- Let bread cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove loaves from pans and leave to cool on racks.