Ever wonder what to do the rest of the gigantic watermelon you bought that doesn’t fit in the fridge and you can’t seem to consume fast enough ? The trend has been watermelon gazpacho and what a delight. It is such a nice flavor and perfect for the summer heat when served chilled. This recipe is modified from several I found online and really works well with a grilled main course.
- 1 large tomato rough chopped
- 1 tsp dried chilis depending on preference
- 4 cups rough chopped seeded watermelon or whatever fits in your blender
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 TBLS minced onion
- ½ cucumber seeded and rough chopped
- 2 TBLS minced fresh or dried dill
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Juice from 1 lime
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Put all ingredients into blender. Pulse until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste and as many chilis as you like depending on the heat you like. Pour into bowls and serve with crumbled feta and minced cucumber and watermelon to garnish. It's even better served chilled.