If your looking for an easy snack super high and potassium and you like a taste of the Carribean, these tasty chips are for you. I like to buy my plantains green as they’re much lower in sugar and easier to cut and prepare. The spicy yogurt dip is the perfect compliment to this starchy snack. You won’t be able to eat just one!
Plantain chips with yogurt dip
Author: handmade health
Recipe type: snack
- 3 green plantains
- ¼ melted coconut oil
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 1 tsp carribean hot sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with rack in the middle
- Cut off top and end of each plantain and score the fruit skin just touching the flesh.
- Gently pull away the peel so your plantain is clean and ready to go
- Slice the plantains approx. ¼ thick on a diagonal
- Melt ¼ coconut oil and toss the fruit until well coated
- Add ¼ tsp salt
- Lay parchment or silpat on cookie sheet and lay down chips without touching
- Cook approx. 20 mintues per side until browned and a little crispy.
- Mix yogurt, caribbean hot sauce with a little honey